Our Privacy Commitment
- RiverNet Connect does collect and maintain personally identifiable information concerning customers. That information includes, among other things, your name, address, and phone number, billing records; service maintenance and repair records; premium service subscription information; marketing information and customer complaints. We will never sell or share your information with parties unaffiliated to the delivery of our services.
- Personally identifiable information is generally used for the normal business purpose of offering our services to you. Some persons have access to such information when necessary in connection with our business or when otherwise desirable. Access may be on a day-to-day basis. Those people who have access include employees; system sales agents; businesses which provide service to our system, such as our accountants, billing and collection services, program and program guide providers where applicable; program services which will periodically audit subscription information and other business that seeks to use your name, address, etc. RiverNet Connect’s system will not maintain such information after it is no longer necessary for carrying on our business.
- As a RiverNet Connect customer, you may review any personal information held by us, which pertains to you if you give us a reasonable period of time to locate and, if necessary, prepare the information for review. Preparation is sometimes necessary to avoid disclosure of information relating to other customers. If you wish to review your personal information, please contact us by letter or telephone to arrange for a review. The review will be at our Pageland, SC office. You may request correction of any errors in personal information that we collect and maintain pertaining to you.
- Federal law prohibits collecting any personally identifiable information other than information necessary to carry on our business or to detect theft of service, unless you consent. To the extent that we are permitted to collect personally identifiable information, we are permitted to disclose such information only to the extent necessary to conduct our business. In addition, the law allows us to disclose your name and address for non-service related mailing lists or other purposes unless you tell us you do not wish us to disclose it. Unless required by law, such disclosures of names and addresses will not be in a form that discloses the extent or type of any use you make of service we provide, nor will it disclose the nature of a transaction you make over our system.
- We may disclose personal information in the process of collecting outstanding debt. If you do not wish to have your name and address disclosed even in limited situations described above, or if you wish to limit the circumstances in which we will disclose it, please contact our local business office. Except as indicated in the preceding paragraph, we may not disclose personally identifiable information without your consent, unless we are required to do so by court order. Under some circumstances, a governmental entity may seek a court order to obtain personally identifiable information from our system concerning a RiverNet Connect customer.
- To protect our customer’s information, RiverNet Connect adheres to an authentication procedure before information is shared and/or changes are made to accounts.